Friday, August 20, 2010

Making slushies

One of our books had instructions for making slushies with ice, salt & juice. It seemed straightforward enough, and we had all the ingredients, so I thought we'd give it a try.

First, we put the ice in a bowl, added salt to it and stirred it up.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

After that, we put a glass with juice in the middle of the salted ice. The instructions were to stir it every 10 mins for an hour, and then stir it every five mins for another half hour.
Photobucket

About 45 minutes into it I could tell that we were not going to get slushies. So I called my good friend who seems to know almost everything and she suggested that we try soda or a juice that had more sugar. We had originally tried with mango flavor Juicy Juice as it was the only juice we had in the house. The next day I got some OJ, and I tried it again, and this time we got yummy orange juice slushies.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: