Saturday, April 17, 2010

Daytona - Friday, April 16

We made it to Daytona! The drive was pretty great - we left home around 11am on Thursday, and stopped in Columbia, SC around 8:30/9pm, then left Columbia around 10:00 Friday morning. The kids did amazing on the trip - Yuta and I had stocked up on some new and exciting games and DVDs, which I think were largely responsible for how smoothly things went, and also our willingness to take a nice long break each day. We got to our condo around 5:00, checked in, did some quick settling in, got our bathing suits on, and immediately hit the beach.

Taipan liked running around in the (cold) water, and Simi and I built a sandcastle. Then we went up to the pool for an hour or so before my dad & stepmom came to have dinner with us.

Here are some quick shots of the beach. More to come later I'm sure. Tonight the kids and I wil have dinner with my mom while Yuta is out with his best Orlando buddy, and then tomorrow we get to go see my brother, sister and her kids. So far, we're having a great time.


No comments: