Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Ok, so it's not really the new year, but this is my first post of 2010, so it's a new blogging year.

The year has happily moved along for us. I'm 34 weeks pregnant, so things will change pretty drastically here in the next couple of months. The kids are excited and can't wait to meet the baby, and neither can I. I think we're about as prepared as we're going to be - the only thing we're missing is a name. No doubt we'll have one before his birthday though.

Today I came here to post Easter pictures. I resisted the urge to post them on Facebook instead - the ease of posting there is great, but sometimes I like to rattle on a bit.

Taipan and I had a very early start to our day - he woke up around 7:30, which is 3-4 hours earlier than his normal wake up time. He was very excited to check out his basket and hunt for eggs. Unfortunately he woke up so early that things weren't quite ready yet. Luckily he was distracted for a bit and baskets got ready and eggs got hidden pretty quickly.

Baskets this year had garden tools (gloves, spade, rake & watering can) and a Crayola glow in the dark package that they've seen commercials for and have wanted to try for a while now.

After Taipan found his eggs we gardened for a bit, did glow in the dark drawings (drew at the kitchen table, then took to the bathroom to check out in the dark), all the while Taipan was wanting very badly to wake up Yuta and Simi. Around 10:30 or so we gently woke them up with Easter greetings, then re-hid Taipan's eggs so that Simi could have a partner in her egg hunt.

Pics from the morning:







Our afternoon consisted of making the annual bunny cake, baking a ham, a quick visit from my in-laws, and a walk down the street. Once it got dark we did the crayola glow in the dark again.

All in all a nice spring day!

I leave you with a picture of the bunny cake:

No comments: