Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Quote

I'm on quite a few yahoo groups, and every now and then people share quotes that I really like. So, today I decided that I'd post some of them so I can have record of them. And, heck, I may even feel inspired to share why I like it.


"We're like actors, turned loose in this world to
wander in search of a phantom, endlessly searching for
a half formed shadow of our lost reality. When others
demand that we become the people they want us to be,
they force us to destroy the person we really are.
It's a subtle kind of murder. The most loving parents
and relatives commit this murder with smiles on their
faces. "

- Jim Morrison (1943 - 1971)

Ok, so you can guess why I like this one.... it reminds me to allow my kids to be who they are. And to love them and accept them for who they are right now, knowing that they may or may not change, and that's ok. They can have different interests, different viewpoints, and different personalities than me and Yuta (God willing lol), and it's ok. I want them to be who they are. That's it.

No comments: