Monday, February 25, 2008

Back home

I got home on Friday night. Even though I drove myself to the airport Yuta and the kids came to the airport - primarily because the only parking space I could find when I got to the airport on Wednesday morning was on the top, uncovered level of the parking garage, on the opposite side of the walkway, and it had snowed and was icy on Friday... and because I was going to Texas I didn't have socks or a jacket. So Yuta met me so that I didn't have to trudge through the icy parking lot. I love him.

Yuta and the kids seemed to be ok while I was gone. The hardest part was bedtime for Taisim I think. She's used to having me nurse her to sleep, and throughout the night as needed. Yuta said she'd fall asleep, and wake up and want to be carried around in the middle of the night.

I talked to Yuta 2-3 times a day while I was gone, and every time we talked the kids were happily playing or sleeping, so it made me worry less while I was gone.

Over the weekend we all tried to catch up on sleep, and I enjoyed being home again. Taisim was constipated, but I think (and hope) it's passed.

I'm back to work today. Yuta said that the first thing Taipan asked when he woke up today was, "Where is Mama working today? Is she working in Texas or at home." I'm glad that the answer is "at home".

No comments: