Sunday, November 30, 2008

Grammy's Visit - Wednesday, 11/26/2008

My mom's flight landed around 1:30 on Wednesday, and Taisim and I went to pick her up.  It didn't seem very crowded at all, and her flight went without incident.

When we came home and kicked off her visit with a birthday celebration.  The kids put candles on her cake, and Taipan suggested we sing Happy Birthday (a first for him, as he usually requests that Happy Birthday not be sung, or that we take him out of earshot while people are singing):


My sister-in-law and her husband stopped by that afternoon as well, and we all went to Chuck E Cheese for dinner (without Yuta, as he had to work at 6).  There as a birthday party there, so Chuck E came out for the party, but we missed him.  I think he would have come back out, but Taipan and Taisim didn't bring it up, so I didn't request it.  It was more crowded than I expected it to be, so we didn't stay as long as we normally do.

Also on Wednesday our new Christmas tree came.  We ordered a fiber optic one online, after having no luck finding one locally.  It was a huge disappointment.  It didn't look anything like the picture, and was not at all worth what we paid for it.  So we boxed it up, and it will be shipped back this week.  Luckily we saw that a sale was going on Thanksgiving evening at Michael's - all trees were 50% off, so I've got a lovely new tree now, for half the price of the one I bought online.

No comments: