Monday, June 18, 2007

Sick and tired

Well, that about sums up our weekend. Saturday morning everyone seemed ok, so we went to the library to pick up the I Love Toy Trains 10, 11, 12 DVD that Yuta had on hold. After that we went to the grocery store, only Taipan didn't want to go in, which was our first sign that things were going downhill.

When we got home Taipan wanted to be held and said to me, "Mama, I don't want to be sick. I need some medicine." Uh-oh. Within a couple of hours he was sick. Fortunately, he seemed to bounce back pretty quickly and had a small appetitie by bedtime. He went to sleep early, and slept a long time that night. Which was nice, because around 11pm I was getting very sick, and that lasted until about 7pm Sunday night. Yuck.

Yuta worked on Sunday morning, and I called and asked him to come home. He was able to get home by 1:30 (vs. 3ish), and the minute he walked in the door I crawled into bed and slept for four hours. When I woke up I was still feeling awful, but managed to keep some ibuprofen down, which helped my headache subside. After a hot bath, I was feeling nearly human again.

So, Yuta's Father's Day was pretty awful. He also started feeling sick, and by 9pm, he was shot. This morning he woke up feeling horrible, but managed to get up with the kids for a bit so I could get on a conference call. We arranged for our sitter to come, so she's here now, Yuta's asleep and I'm listening to my team call. Hopefully Yuta will be feeling better soon and we can have a do-over for Father's Day.

We did manage to do some Father's Day things for Yuta before the weekend... separate post on that later.

No comments: