Monday, October 1, 2007

Browns v. Ravens

And the Browns win! And we were there!



I went to my first NFL game yesterday and we had a really great time! Growing up in Orlando we didn't have any major league sports teams until I was a junior or senior in high school and the Orlando Magic came to town. So Orlando's not really a sports town (or wasn't - don't know for sure now).

And then I went to a university that had sports teams, but they weren't very good most of the time I was there. So not much sports enthusiasm there either.

Ohio is completely different. They're serious about their football here - both college and professional. And there's a lot of support for the Cavs and Indians too.

(Y: Defending Eastern Conference Champs, and American League Central Division Champs! WOOHOO!! And yes, Ohio is a big football state. We've got Ohio State, the Cleveland Browns, and the Cincinnati Bengals. And did you know Luke Perry's an Ohioan? We didn't until the game... he was there to lead the crowd cheer.)

The energy at the stadium was amazing, and oh, so many people! (Y: 73,200 to be exact, all wearing orange and brown!) And since we were playing one of the biggest rivals (next to the Steelers), folks were especially revved up.

Our seats were great, but I still had a hard time following the ball sometimes. Let's just say it's a good thing I'm not on the defensive line. About half of the time I didn't realize that the QB handed the ball off to the running back. Seriously. I was looking at him waiting for him to throw the ball, only to realize that he didn't have the ball anymore.

The kids spend the afternoon with Ama and Akon, and we came back to see them trying on all of Ama's shoes. Oh, they love her shoes. And they're all lined up by the front door so they are very accessible. At least this time they didn't want to run off with any of them.

We came home last night and Taisim fell asleep around 6:30, woke up at 8:45 and then was up until after midnight. So we're a little tired today. We have another dance class tonight, and I'm wondering if we should go to both classes or just one. Last week Taisim had a fever, so we skipped the family dance class and Taipan wasn't nearly as worn out. I think doing two hours back to back is very tiring to him. But Taisim loves the class so much; I think she'd miss it. I'll just make a decision when we get there.

Back to work for me.

No comments: