Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkins and snow

Wednesday morning we woke up to find snow on the ground! I knew it was in the forecast, but I was still surprised to see snow in October. By mid-afternoon it was gone, but most of the day there were bits of snow coming down that didn't stick. The kids thought it was pretty cool, though I don't think they went out to play in it.



That evening Yuta had to work, and Yuta's parents dropped the kids off after a visit at their house. After jumping for a bit in the bounce house (have I mentioned how much I love that thing??), we decided to decorate pumpkins.

The kids painted theirs, while I set out to carve one of our larger ones. Taipan was eager to use the carving tools, but lost interest while I was scooping out the insides. When I was a kid I used to love getting the slimy stuff out ... Taipan didn't even want to touch it, and Taisim had enough after one handful.

The final product of their pumpkins is below. Taisim wanted to wipe her pumpkin clean after she finished painting it, so hers is pretty clean.

I didn't get a picture of my final pumpkin because I needed Yuta's help to finish it. I used a pattern, and got it misaligned and got stuck and worried that I had messed the whole thing up. So I figured I'd stop while I was ahead and ask for Yuta's help when he got home. He finished it late that night. Tonight we'll get some pictures when we put the candle in it (the part that I got stuck on is the cat's tail).




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG We didn't get any of that! At least I don't think so! =o)