Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Playing games

Last night the kids and I went to Target and bought Candy Land, Elefun and Guess Who? (Y: I went and saw Transformers ! Big-frickin robots rule! ) We got home too late to play them, which greatly disappointed Taipan. The first words out of Taipan's mouth this morning were "Mama - do you want to play Candy Land now?".

He'd never played before, but I've mentioned the game. I tell him made-up stories sometimes, and one of them involves board games... and when he said "what kind of game?", I said "something like Candy Land", and it stuck. I actually had the game ordered from amazon, but when we took an unexpected trip to Target yesterday I figured we'd get it.

Anyway, we opened it up this morning and he seems to really like it. A friend of mine gave me a great piece of advice, which is to draw two cards per turn so that the game doesn't take forever. So, that helps, but Taipan likes to go backwards sometimes. Mostly so that he can go over the Rainbow Trail, and sometimes the Gumdrop Pass. And when we get to the end we talk about all the candy we're going to eat at the Candy Castle.

Yuta and Taipan played a round or two of Guess Who? this afternoon, but I'm not sure how it went. I'm looking forward to playing with him when I'm done with work.

Oh, and Elefun - I bought that mostly so that we'd have a game that Taisim could participate in. My niece and nephew have it, so I've seen them play, andI think Taisim will get a big kick out of it.

No comments: