Friday, May 4, 2007

What's going on with Taipan?

You probably won't be surprised to learn that Taipan's favorite things are trains, cars and trucks. He spends a lot of time playing with his Lionel train (the NY Central Flyer), and the lego trains. Yuta just put an uncoupling track on the Lionel track, so now with the push of a button we can uncouple the cars. It's pretty cool. Taipan likes it, but he mostly likes to have someone else do it. I think he's warming up to it, and will be doing it himself in no time.

He's been really cute with the Lego trains. He likes to use legos to build different engines - Union Pacific, the Virginian, the Pennsylvania, Northern Pacific, Santa Fe and a few others I can't remember. Then we build cars for all of them out of legos - gondolas, hoppers, coal cars, box cars, searchlight cars, passenger cars, flat cars, autorack cars, tank cars, etc. It's a lot of fun.

Here's my favorite little story from the past couple of days. Yesterday we went outside for a bit - both kids like being outside, but lately it's been Taisim that really wants to go out - and we took the sidewalk chalk out. We were drawing train tracks, trolleys and letters when I decided to draw hopscotch. Taipan saw the squares, jumped around them a few times and then told me that Scotch tape was in a circle and asked me to draw scotch tape. So I drew a very bad picture of a scotch tape dispenser. But that's not what he meant. He wanted me to draw hop-scotch tape - basically a hopscotch board, but using circles instead of squares. I just love how kids' minds work. I've got pics and video of this, but they're still on the camera.





More soon I'm sure. I'm enjoying this blog thing!

No comments: